Budget Change Requests
You may not use funds provided for your Busch Biomedical Grant for any purpose other than the project, as described in your application. Research Development must approve in writing any Budget cost category change of more than 20%. Changes to the scope of work must be approved by the Research Development team in the Office for Research. To request a budget change or scope of work change, please email an explanation for the request to Research Development and include a revised Busch budget (Excel).
No Cost Extensions
To request a No-Cost Extension, please fill out the No-Cost Extension Request Form.
Faculty who received a Busch Biomedical Grant may apply for a one time No-Cost Extension of up to 12 months.
What is a No-Cost Extension?
A No-Cost Extension (NCE) is an extension of the period of performance beyond the expiration end date of the award. Extensions are sometimes needed to allow the principal investigator to successfully complete their project. No additional funding will be provided.
An NCE may be requested by the Principal Investigator when all three of the following conditions are met:
- The end of the project period is approaching, AND
- There is a programmatic need to continue the research, AND
- There are sufficient funds remaining to cover the extended effort
Please note: Funds remaining in the account is not a justifiable reason for requesting a NCE. Extensions may be requested only for programmatic reasons (such as the work took longer than expected).
An NCE request must be submitted at least 30 days in advance of the current project end date. Please be aware that requests take 1-2 weeks to review.
To submit a request you will need to provide:
- Your business manager's contact information
- Desired new end date, and timeline for completion of the work
- Anticipated balance of funds remaining for the NCE period
- Justification that addresses why the project could not be completed in the original period of time provided and how the extension will benefit the project to allow for the completion of the goals.