Zvi is a senior academic leader and an experienced global pharmaceutical – biotechnology executive. He leverages a diversified background in big-pharma senior management, biotech startup creation and academia. Zvi has served as a board member of the New Jersey Bioscience Center Incubator since 2010. From 2005 to 2020, he was a board member of the Jerusalem College of Technology.
His international experience has included leading international research teams; championing the penetration and commercial launch of healthcare products world-wide; and leading open innovation in the Mid-East. Zvi earned his BA from Yeshiva University, an MS from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and a PhD in Molecular Biology from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He has more than 25 issued patents.
Areas of Expertise
- Advanced Materials and Chemicals: Biomedical Applications
- Biopharma: Diagnostics, Drug Delivery, Therapeutics, Vaccines.
- Therapeutics: Cardiovascular, Dental/Oral, Dermatology, Diabetes, Metabolism, Endocrinology and Obesity, Infectious Diseases, Oncology, Regenerative Medicine-Tissue Engineering, Respiratory and Pulmonary.
- Biomedical: Genomics.
- Biomedical-Other: Precision Health, Biodefense
- Devices & Instrumentation (Hardware): Consumer Applications, Biomedical
- Imaging: Tracers/Probes/Reporters.
- Software & Applications: Life Sciences & Biomedical Applications.
- Other: Drug development and validation, Pharmaceutical format development, Drug delivery platforms, Medical device design and development, Diagnostic platform development and validation, Consumer healthcare products and systems, Genomics technology, Intellectual Property strategy, Global business development strategy