Variety: Mullica Queen®
Principal Investigator: Dr. Nicholi Vorsa
The Mullica Queen® cranberry variety was selected under New Jersey’s stressful conditions, which offers a unique germplasm background and the potential for rapid bed establishment, due to its higher stolon vigor, and exceptionally high yields. Mullica Queen® originated from a cross made in 1997 at Chatsworth, NJ between ‘Lemunyon’ and ‘#35’ and was released in 2008.
Strengths & Qualities
- Exceptionally high yield potential
- Slightly higher fruit anthocyanin (red pigment) content
- Coarser vine, tendency to produce multiple flower buds, higher fruit set
- More rapid establishment and vigorous growth
- Mullica Queen® is an earlier flowering variety, 3-5 days earlier compared to the 'Stevens' variety
- Unique genetic background, unrelated to the commonly used 'Stevens' and 'Ben Lear' varieties
- US Plant Patent No. PP19,434 issued November 11, 2008
- Cranberry variety named ‘CNJ97-105-4’
- Canadian Plant Breeders' Rights Certificate 4423 issued November 1, 2012
- Registered Trademark in Canada
- Registered Trademark in Peru
- Pending Plant Breeders Rights application in Chile
- All trademarks are registered and continue to be enforced
RU Grower Online Reporting App
Welcome to the Rutgers University Grower Online Reporting App!
To make it easier for our licensees to submit Annual Reports, Rutgers has developed this user-friendly online platform which will enable you to submit annual reports electronically. Once you create your account, your reports will be available for easy updates in future years. As always, the information provided is kept confidential.