PhD in Computer Science, Biomedical Informatics, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA - 2021
Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX - 2010
Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Texas Heart Institute, Houston, TX - 2006
Residency in General Surgery, Belgrade Medical School, Belgrade, Serbia - 2002
MD, University of Belgrade, School of Medicine. Belgrade, Serbia - 1991
Branimir worked on many projects, including: Biomedical informatics and Statistics in medicine; Research in Cardiovascular Medicine, including work with computer programs for Electronic Health Records (Epic, Cerner); Research in Heart and Lung Transplant.
He also worked in the research projects involving application of advanced machine learning methods in medicine: A network analysis of the spreading of Influenza in the State of New York; Big data analysis (EHR) and disease agnostic and prediction of Alzheimer’s disease (AD); Prediction of occurrence of common cancers (lung, liver, breast, cervical); Genetics and comorbidity network analysis of the most often cancers (colorectal, thyroid, etc.); Prediction of ten the most often complications of Diabetes Mellitus using advanced machine learning techniques; Clustering of patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus; A computer vision project that included machine learning/image analysis of digital histopathology images of breast cancer; Survival analysis of hypertension; Projects related to the application of data science and machine learning models in medicine; selection and design of the most effective and meaningful machine learning models in healthcare, etc.
Clinical informatics, Biomedical informatics, Advanced machine learning methods in medicine, Meaningful machine learning models in healthcare, Data science in medicine, Advanced research computing
- Ljubic B, Pavlovski M, Roychoudhury S, et al. Genes and comorbidities of Thyroid cancer. Informatics in Medicine Unlocked, 2021. doi: 10.1016/j.imu.2021.100680.
- Ljubic B. Advanced machine learning models in prediction of medical conditions. Temple University. ProQuest Dissertations Publishing, 2021. 28418179.
- Ljubic B, Abdel Hai A, Stanojevic M, et al. Predicting Complications of Diabetes Mellitus Using Advanced Machine Learning Algorithms. JAMIA, 2020;1–9 doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocaa120
- Ljubic B, Roychoudhury S, Cao XH, at al. Influence of Medical Domain Knowledge on Deep Learning for Alzheimer’s Disease Prediction. Comput Methods Programs Biomed 2020;197:105765. doi: 10.1016/j.cmpb.2020.105765.
- Ljubic B, Pavlovski M, Alshehri, et al. Genetics and Comorbidity Network Analysis of Colorectal Cancer. Informatics in Medicine Unlocked, 2020;21:100492. doi: 10.1016/j.imu.2020.100492
- Ljubic B, Gligorijevic D, Gligorijevic J, at al. Social Network analysis for better understanding of Influenza. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 2019;103161.
- Terzic Z, Marinkovic J, Ljubic B, et al. Measuring quality of life in patients with Heart failure. Srp Arh Celok Lek, 2005;133:9-10.
- Ljubic B. Internet and Medicine. CSC School of Medicine, Belgrade, 2001.
- DeFrain M, Strickman N, Ljubic B, Dougherty K, Gregoric I. Endovascular repair of a ruptured descending thoracic Aortic Aneurysm. Tex Heart Inst J, 2006; 33: 241-5.
- Dacic M, Ljubic B, Trkulja M. Internet and medicine. Informatics in medicine, pharmacology, biochemistry and public health. Arandjelovac, Serbia 25-28.10. 1999. Abstract book, 101-6.
- Ljubic B, Dacic M. Biomedical scientific databases in Serbia. Second Congress of Medical Informatics in Yugoslavia, Novi Sad, 14-16. October, 1994. Novi Sad, Yugoslavia. Abstract book, page 365.
- Torbica M, Janjic M, Dacic M, Ljubic B. Analysis of structures of users of biomedical scientific informatics in Serbia. Srp Arh Celok Lek; 1995: Suppl 2. 25-6.
- Ljubic B, Vranes M, Velinovic M, et al. Importance of informed consent of patients for Cardiac Surgery. 53rd International Congress of the European Society for Cardiovascular Surgery, June 2-5, 2004 Ljubljana, Slovenia. Interactive Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery. 62.
- Ljubic B, Ristic M, Vranes M, et al. Surgical tactics in wounds of the heart. 53rd International Congress of the European Society for Cardiovascular Surgery, June 2-5, 2004 Ljubljana, Slovenia. Interactive Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery. 7.
- Velinovic M, Mikic A, Ljubic B, et al. Myocardial revascularization in patients with ejection fraction less than 30%. 53rd International Congress of the European Society for Cardiovascular Surgery, June 2-5, 2004 Ljubljana, Slovenia. Interactive Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery. 37.
- Mikic A, Djukic P, Antonijevic N, Kocica M, Ljubic B, et al. Off pump revascularization in patients with HIT type II. 53rd International Congress of the European Society for Cardiovascular Surgery, June 2-5, 2004 Ljubljana, Slovenia. Interactive Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery. 63.